What is YNet?
A YNet NT Domain account is required for each government staff member. A YNet account is created at the same time any other computer related account is created. The following guidelines apply to account creation:
- The naming convention for all accounts, first initial of first name + first initial second name + up to 6 digits of the last name. Example: John Paul Smith = jpsmith
- the only exceptions to the above rule is when the user has a named account already created on one of the following computer systems: ytgvm.gov.yk.ca (mainframe).
- Ynet accounts names are first come first serve.
Who Needs YNet?
A YNet Domain account is required for each government staff member. A YNet account is created at the same time any other computer related account is created (Teachers generally don't apply for YNet accounts but apply for YESnet accounts and server access).
How do I get a YNet Account?:
The client must contact ITSS (usually Frances Wainwright) with a filled out YNet account application form. After ITSS recieves the form and processes the information ITSS then send it to the Main Government Building for the account creation. Once the account is made ITSS will then create a folder on the server for the client who can then access their account. Fill out our interactive form on the Downloads page and print it to drop off at the ITSS office or fax it or email it. We can also email application forms to the department that needs them.
How do I sign in on YNet?:
1. After starting up your workstation you will need to enter your YNet userid. Example: mpsmith
2. Your first time YNet password will be supplied and entered as the password, you will be prompted to change your password.
3. Once <Enter> has been selected to continue on a series of scripting will be executed.
How do I change my password?:
If you are signing in for the first time:
1. Type in the generic password in lower case
2. A dialog box comes up something like this:
Old Password: generic password
New Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Confirm New Password: the one you just put in
If you have already signed in before and want to change your Ynet password:
1) 1) Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL at one time and a dialog box comes up the same as the above example.