1405 Hickory Street, Whitehorse YT Y1A 4M4
Tel: (867) 667-8044 | Fax: (867) 667-8953

Next School Council Meeting: 

March 14 2018, 6:30 PM in the PCSS Library

Everyone welcome.

  • Home
  • Student Info
  • Post-Secondary Info for Grads

Important Websites for Grads

www.education.gov.yk.ca Yukon grant information

www.itabc.ca trades information

www.aucc.ca trades information

www.pas.hc.ca. An application service for Post Secondary institutions

www.schoolfinder.com List of Universities and Colleges

www.scholarshipscanada.com Money for Post Secondary institutions

wwwstudentawards.com funding for University and college

www.fundvourfuture.ca/thegame contest for a lab top computer

www.canlearn.ca . Post Secondary(PS) institutions links and jobs

www.univ.cc____________ List of Universities and Colleges of the world

http://horizon.sd63.bc.ca/careers/Postsecondary.htm Additional PS information site

www.aboriginalbiz.com Post Secondary institutions for First Nations

www .myopportunities .ca Career and Job information

www.hrdc.gc.ca/noc Career and Job information

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ Money for Post Secondary institutions United States

http://w ww.if ap.ed.gov/IFAPWebApp/index.jsp Post Secondary institutions United States

www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams Student Examination information

www.collegeboard.com/srp SAT

www.quizmebc.ca Student Examination information

www.ares.ubc.ca/lpi/index.html Language Proficiency information


BC Provincial Exams

Graduation Program Exams

You will probably write five graduation program exams. Graduation program exams apply to courses in the following subject areas:

K Grade 10 Language Arts

K Grade 10 Science

K Grade 10 Mathematics

K Grade 11 or 12 Social Studies

K Grade 12 Language Arts

Provincial exam results are blended with the classroom mark to generate the final course mark. Grade 10 and 11 exams count for 20% of the final mark. Grade 12 exams count for 40% of the final mark (except for the BC First Nations Studies 12 exam, which counts for 20%).

With the exception of certain IB courses, exams are mandatory for all the courses that you take in these areas; for example, if you take Social Studies 11 and BC First Nations Studies 12, you must write the associated provincial exam for both courses.

Information about provincial exams can be found at:www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/student.htm

Policies on calculators, disqualification and other exam issues are at: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/handbook/

Sample exams are found at:www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/search/

Student exam results can be accessed at:www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/tsw/tsw/student/

Ordering Transcripts

Transcripts and Certificates

A transcript is a listing of a student’s academic record relating to a BC Graduation Program, which includes courses taken, grades earned, all honours received and graduation status.

A certificate (or diploma, or “Dogwood”) is a document showing that a student has completed a BC Graduation Program.

If you are an active student, or graduating during the current school year, please read our Transcript Information for Active Students before placing any order for a transcript.


Secondary School Transcripts and Certificates may be ordered online securely using VISA, Mastercard or American Express.

Transcripts and Certificates may be ordered if you meet one of the following criteria:

  • graduated after 1985 in B.C. or Yukon Territory (transcripts only for Yukon Territory), or;
  • attended Grade 12 between 1986 and today, or;
  • you completed a Grade 12 course after 1985, or;
  • you attended Grade 12 prior to 1974 in the University or Academic-Technical Program (transcripts only)


  • 1
  • 2